Wifidog was designed as a replacement to existing captive portal solutions which we felt didn't fit the needs of next generation community groups. Specifically, we wanted both personalized and community wide content for each hotspot, no pop ups, no client software and centralized management. Mainly as a replacement for portals currently using NoCat. A lot of other vendors use WiFiDog (especially the client) as a base for their solutions.
- Captive portal which lets hotspot owners communicate with their users
- Wifidog gateway was designed for and runs on GNU/Linux servers and embedded linux devices, e.g. Linksys WRT54G with OpenWRT. For a current list of supported devices and installation instructions please click Here.
- Multilingual support (through browser detection and user selection) with the ability to add more languages using a .po editor.Current implemented languages are:
Portuguese (also Brazilian)
- Support for differing types of hotspots:
Splash Only mode: Users are redirected to the portal, but do not have to login in order to use services
Normal Mode: Users are unique and must have a valid email address in order to open an account.
- Users are able to create a working account directly from any hotspot. New users sign on from any hotspot, create their account and are granted access for 15 minutes to confirm an email. If they don't, they are disconnected and have to sign up again.
- Hotspot/node monitoring by two way heart beating, so the central server always knows which hotspots/nodes are up, regardless of dynamic DNS, firewalls, etc.
- Reports and Statistics including:
10 highest bandwidth consumers
10 most frequent users
10 most mobile users
Anoymised SQL data export (for academic research)
Breakdown of how many users actually use the network
Content display and click through report
Graph on network use (per hour, weekday and month)
Individual user report, most popular nodes (by visit)
Network status information
Node status information
User registration report
- Automatic node creation (if the person creating the node has the relevant permissions and the feature is enabled).
本文章由 http://www.wifidog.pro/2015/01/07/wifidog%E5%8A%9F%E8%83%BD.html 整理编辑，转载请注明出处